A.J. Perez and Jesse Yomtov
Printed 6:36 PM EDT Jun 12, 2019
Dominican Republic police director Ney Aldrin Bautista Almonte said at a data conference Wednesday that the suspects within the shooting of David Ortiz had been hired to compose so.
In conserving with Bautista, a community of criminals had charged 400,000 Dominican pesos (about $7,800) to shoot the former Boston Crimson Sox star.
The authorities did no longer picture a motive that resulted in the planning of the assault and did no longer specify who it used to be that used to be paying for the shooting.
Six suspects had been detained – including the alleged gunman – in connection to the assault on Ortiz, which took field at a bar in Santo Domingo on Sunday night.
Rolfi Ferreira admitted to being the particular individual that fired at Ortiz, in accordance with an announcement issued by the national police.
All the procedure thru the guidelines conference, Bautista held up the handgun allegedly former within the shooting.
“(Authorities) are making a broad effort to apprehend these criminals and produce these criminals to justice,” prosecutor Jean Alain Rodríguez urged reporters.
Ortiz’s wife Tiffany said in an announcement Wednesday that Ortiz used to be “making proper progress against recovery” at Massachusetts Overall Scientific institution.
Rodríguez requested for “patience” as the investigation continues.
ORTIZ: Revered in Boston, Huge Papi is cherished in Dominican Republic
PAPI’S IMPACT: An correct delight in affair with baseball
“Be conscious that our nation is a nation of apt these which possess solidarity with the folks’s institutions that work to guarantee security,” Rodriguez said.
Bautista said investigators are within the midst of of analyzing scientific proof.
“We are no longer even at 72 hours (for the reason that shooting) and you seek the advances we’ve got made and completely that can proceed,” Bautista added.
Contributing: Associated Press